Saturday, January 22, 2011

Protect your investments!

A thread on the Consortium website brought me to think about this very quick, but important tip. I probably should have included it in my three tips for new goldmakers post for Cold's Blogging Carnival.


Get an Authenticator! Seriously, there is no excuse not to.



Many people take the, my account will never be hacked approach. Or the, I'm safe online I don't need to worry about getting hacked theory. And many of them, after getting hacked, immediately go out and get an authenticator. There is no reason what-so-ever to not do so now. I have had one for two years now (a stocking stuffer from "Santa") and have not had my account hacked.

I know there are instances when Authenticators have been hacked, but they are few and far between. Do not let your hard work go to waste, get an authenticator now.

Cheers- Brouck

2 comments:

  1. Yup - best thing I ever did :) We had 3 or 4 people in our guild hacked over the course of about 3 weeks - it seemed the guildbank was being emptied faster than we could get the stuff back sometimes. It was a pain in the neck but it did push the officers to all go & get authenticators & we also tightened up the guild bank access. Not been hacked since :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My account has been hacked twice over the last year with the last time being in April 2010. After that I immediately got the mobile phone authenticator app and haven't been hacked since. So I highly recommend getting one!

    ReplyDelete