Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Late and A Dollar Short: A Tardy Entry to Cold's Gold Factory Blogging Carnival

Well, I must admit, I lost track of time. This post has been on a sticky note, attached to my screen and I never got to it. This post was to be included in Cold's Gold Factory Blogging Carnival; What is One of Our Favorite Farming Spots in Cataclysm. If you read my blog, then I'm sure you already avidly follow Cold's. If not, check it out for great information. But I digress, my favorite farming spot, is one that I have yet to see written about.

Heroic Lost City of Tol'vir





I know what most of you are thinking. What? Farming in a heroic? But please hear me out.

I, like many others out there, hate farming. I only find farming fun, when I am accomplishing something else in the process. Enter Tol'vir. This instance is a blast. Every day, my guild and I run Lost City on Heroic. Our reasoning, it takes 45 minutes or less. In those 45 minutes, on my tailor, I am able to collect roughly 80-100 pieces of Embersilk Cloth. These sell for roughly 100g per stack on my server for a total of 400-500g. Additionally, I am usually the only crafter in my guild that makes this run, leaving the Chaos Orb free for my pickings. I charge 1,000 gold per orb when I craft people something.

Add on to that vendor fodder for another 20-30g, and I am clearing a profit of over 1,400g in a little less than 45 mins. All while gearing my character to be raid ready.

Are there any instances you prefer?

Cheers - Brouck

No comments:

Post a Comment