Friday, February 11, 2011

A funny thing happened on the way to the AH...

I wanted to get a quick apology post in to my readers. This week I have been pre-occupied from my blog and gold making ventures due to a merger of my guild with a sister guild. After losing our best healer to retirement, two kick-ass hunters, an irreplaceable tank and his healer buddy, our guild was absolutely gutted. Recruitment was a fledging effort, and raids were out of the question. Fortunately, we were able to merge with a guild looking for some high quality players for their second ten man group (soon to be a pure 25 raiding guild). Needless to say, I've been putting some finishing touches on my spec(s), gear and keybindings, and reading/watching up on boss fights. This has left me with little free time.

However, onto the post.

How was 4.0.6 for you? For me, it's been fair. Here's a list of my likes and dislikes.

Like:
Inferno Rubies
: I bought 110 of these bad boys the night before 4.0.6 for 80g a piece (8,800 gold invested). After patch dropped, I was selling cut rubies (strength, agility and intellect) at 180+g each. I was making over 100% RoI on these bad boys.

Whiptail:
As my previous posts have noted, I love buying cheap high level herbs, milling them, selling the inferno inks and converting the blackfallows into Mysterious Fortune Cards. With the new whiptail spawn rates in Uldum, prices have dropped significantly on the herbs, but remained steady on the cards and inks!

Uncut Metas: Shadowspirits hit a new high, with uncut ones selling for 100g more than prior to Tuesday. I have managed to sell just under 100, for a profit of around 10k.


Dislike:

AH Prices: All the rare JC and Enchant Recipes that have been posted on the AH are listed at insane, not even going there prices, with 25k being the cheapest I saw. There went any plans of buying one and selling the product. :(

That's pretty much it, I have no other complaints.

So how is 4.0.6 treating you?

Cheers - Brouck

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Brouck! Sadly, there was a flood of uncut gems on my main server due to clever goblins. However, the increased whiptail has not yet filtered through to the DMF cards, so I'm making a nice pile there.

    My guild leader bought out the only under 10k pattern on the AH whilst I was busy logging over from bank alt to main (with the gold) ready to buy with a squeal of excitement. Boooooo!

    ReplyDelete